POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TorusClutter (145KB) : Re: TorusClutter (145KB) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 08:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TorusClutter (145KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 12 May 2000 16:29:46
Message: <chrishuff_99-D91DB8.15331012052000@news.povray.org>
In article <391C3EBB.727FA7E1@online.no>, tor### [at] hotmailcom wrote:

> I wonder if I can post PNG images to this group?
> (Is there a policy regarding what file format to use?)

Generally you should use JPEG, since it is supported by more newsreaders
and the download time is shorter(and they take less room on the server).
If the PNG is small and fine detail needs to be preserved(like in some
recent logo images), PNG's are also acceptable. If you have a large
image that can't take JPEG compression, it is usually suggested to
upload it to a web page and post a message with a link to the
full-quality version and maybe a preview image.

Sometimes people post GIF files too, they aren't very common though.

--
Christopher James Huff - Personal e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom
Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/